Private Drive Lessons
Avoid the Wait!
Teen Driver Ed Classes
Private Party Testing FAQ
- Will I get marked down if I drive with two feet?
- You will be scored on how well you can maintain control of the vehicle at all times, while this driving habit is not illegal, it may contribute to a failure to maintain control and you will be marked down accordingly.
- Will I get marked down if I drive with one hand?
- You will be scored on how well you can maintain control of the vehicle, driving with two hands at all times is the safest method of vehicle control, though, it is not required. However, it may contribute to a failure to maintain control and you will be marked down accordingly.
- Are we going to drive on the freeway?
- No. For our DMV Drive Test, we do not have you enter the freeway.
- What does the Drive Test consist of?
- During the drive test, you will demonstrate your driving skills and how you obey traffic rules, signs, and signals. The test includes turning, signaling, backing, changing lanes, controlling speed, road courtesy and general driving ability.
- Can I have someone in the car with me while I test?
- No. Per DMV policies, only the applicant and the examiner may be in the vehicle during the test.
- Do you have any bi-lingual examiners?
- All applicants that require translators are encouraged to test with the DMV. Applicants MUST be able to reasonably understand English or keywords like, “Traffic Signal, Enter & Exit Traffic.” We do not have any bi-lingual Examiners.
- Can I do same day appointment?
- Yes. We do offer same day appointments for $75, provided our Examiner is available.
- Can you pick me up at my home and provide transportation to and from?
- For a DMV Drive Test we do not provide pick-up. We do, however offer a private lesson with one of our instructors who will pick you up from home, work with you one-on-one prior to the test, bring you to our office for the Drive Test, and then take you home. The drive lesson cost is in addition to the test fees. The test time is included within the two hour lesson time.
- What are the requirements to take the test with ODEC?
- You must have a photo ID, anything with your name and picture will suffice, if you are 18 years of age.
- You must be at least 16 years of age, have passed the Class C Knowledge Test prior to taking Drive Test. If you have an Oregon Instruction Permit you have already taken this test.
- Your driving privileges are not suspended, revoked or cancelled and are otherwise eligible to drive.
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you must have held an Oregon Instruction Permit for 6 months. 18 and older no not require an Oregon Permit.
- If applicable, you have observed the necessary waiting period following a previous test failure.
- Once I pass my Drive Test, am I legal to drive?
- No. Once the Drive Test is completed, take the Test Certificate you receive to ANY DMV within 30 days or it will not be accepted. When at the DMV you will still be required to furnish any paperwork they request and pay the licensing fee.
- Can I use my vehicle for the Drive Test?
- For insurance and safety purposes we require the Drive Test be taken in a vehicle we provide. You will not be tested on your knowledge of the vehicle, just the rules of the road.
All Behind the wheel sessions are scheduled outside of class time. You will receive login credentials on or around the first day of class. If your class fills you have 48 hours to complete enrollment with payment and/or permit to reserve your spot.
In an effort to ensure the success of your student in our ODOT approved driver education program, please plan to attend the required parent/student orientation. Expectations, objectives, and procedures will be reviewed. It is also a time to gain clarification regarding new laws and driving techniques. If you are unable to attend your students scheduled parent orientation, you may choose one that will better fit your schedule.
While the driving portion of our ODOT approved program runs concurrently with the scheduled class time, all drives and observations are conducted outside of class and may be at a different location. Behind-the-Wheel lessons are set in 6 two hour blocks.